On October 9th-10th, 2014 Bangkok University will host “The 7th International Conference on Innovation and Knowledge Management in Asia Pacific” (IKMAP 2014) on the topic Competitive advantage through Knowledge and Innovation!
Since the early 1990’s, the importance of Knowledge Management (KM) and Innovation Management (IM) to create an organization’s competitive advantage has been widely
recognized worldwide in the government, public and private sectors. KM and IM are interdisciplinary and complex areas of study by integrating technology centred and human centred approaches from the perspective of system science. The need for learning and innovation capability is critical for organizations, thus Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital have an important role to play as a catalyst for the proper achievement of both of them. This international KM conference, started in 2004 (KMAP), has now been renamed as “International Conference on Innovation and Knowledge Management in Asia Pacific” to include the important element of “innovation management”. This year’s conference is co-organized by the Institute for Knowledge and Innovation Southeast Asia (IKI-SEA) at Bangkok University (Thailand) and the Knowledge Management and Innovation Research Center (KMIRC) of The Hong-Kong Polytechnic University (Hong-Kong), and will be held in Bangkok, the capital and the most populous city of Thailand.
The conference aims to
- Provide a cross-cultural platform for the Knowledge Management practitioners and academics in Asia to network with their counterparts in the West and vice versa.
- Discuss the topics of mutual interests and navigate together the next generation of Knowledge and Innovation Management
- Enhance international networking and collaborations
All topics of Knowledge Management and Innovation Management are welcome. More information about the focus topics can be found here.
Selected papers will be recommended for publication in the regular or special issues of the following academic journals subject to their normal review procedures. These journals include:
- The Learning Organization (Emerald)
- VINE: The journal of information and knowledge management systems (Emerald)
- International Journal of Knowledge and Systems Science (IGI Global)
- International Journal of Asian Business and Information Management (IGI Global)
- International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital (Inderscience)
The full call for papers can be downloaded here.